Saturday 2 October 2010

Intro Tutorial (missed), TMA01 Q1, et al

I was due to attend an introductory tutorial session at QMC in Basingstoke today. I missed it though; I felt like a had a cold, and I probably do. I went to what was probably a similar one for my first module last year though - M150 in Reading's TVU.

Just completed the first question in TMA01. It's important to get the first one done; it acts as a catalyst to continue studying and complete fursther questions.

I've just read in Block 1 Part 1 (2.1.2, The Internet) that "no individual government, company or person has control over it". Not quite the whole story though, as ICANN controls the organisation of internet names and IP address, and it reports to the US govt. Dept. of Commerce - see http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2009/04/30/235865/Who-controls-the-Internet.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment